What personal information does buymanufacturersdirect.com collect from the people that visit our website and/or other social media outlets?
- When ordering or registering on buymanufacturersdirect.com, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details to assist you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
- Buymanufacturersdirect.com collects information from you when you place an order; fill out an informational request form.
How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or any marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Allow us to improve our customer service in responding to our customer’s needs and requests.
- Follow up after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
- Buymanufacturersdirect.com utilizes a third party security firm to routinely scan for security breaches and known vulnerabilities in order to make your experience as safe and secure as possible.
We utilize regular Malware Scanning:
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use “cookies?”
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
- Buymanufacturersdirect.com does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Google’s advertising requirements are outlined in Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the Double-Click cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act:
How does our site manage Do Not Track signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, nor use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13 years of age.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to comply with Fair Information Practices we would take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- Notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders correctly and send information and updates pertaining to those orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Closely monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Permit users to unsubscribe.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us and follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL future correspondence.
Buy Manufacturers Direct
1384 Bungalow Road, Suite A
Morris, IL 60450
Last Edited on August 15, 2018