Smith’s Base Boost – Stain Additive
Smith’s Base Boost is a blend of silicates used as an additive to Smith’s Color Floor and/or Smith’s Color Wall to promote substrate adhesion for base or primary colors as well as increase the stains durability.
Smith’s Color Floor and Color Wall stains already achieve superior mechanical adhesion as a result of the modified acrylic carrier, but adding Base Boost into the Smith’s Concentrate produces an additional bond by reacting with the unhydrated calcium hydroxide found in the concrete.
Smith’s Base Boost should not be used for application to overlays, previously coated substrates, or as an additive for highlight colors.
Available in 1 & 5 gallon containers.
- No VOC
- Horizontal & Vertical applications
- Increased durability
- Low Odor
- Overnight Deliverable – no Red Label
- Interior and Exterior application
May contribute to LEED credits
- EQ Credit 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings
- MR Credit 5.1 Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally
- MR Credit 5.2 Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally