Smith’s CRU’86 is a High Performance, Ready-to-Use, High Gloss, 86% Solids, Aliphatic, Solvent-based Chemical Resistant Polyurethane topcoat which yields a highly light reflective, smooth finish when applied at 400 sq.ft. per gallon as a gloss finish over a properly prepared coating or primer layer.
Smith’s CRU’86 has a long working time, good gloss retention, high abrasion and chemical resistance making it an ideal choice for aircraft hangars, as a gloss topcoat over Smith’s Metallic & Luster coating systems and in moderate traffic environments which desire a high gloss finish with less odor during installation and higher performance vs. traditional solvent-based Polyurethane topcoats.
- For solid colors, Smith’s CRU’86 accepts Smith’s ISC Color Packs (sold separately)
- For a low sheen finish, add Smith’s A/O 325 Aluminum Oxide Low Sheen Powder Additive (sold separately – NOT intended to improve slip resistance)
- Also helps to reduce traffic pattern development
- Application as a Low Sheen finish should be dip & roller applied out of a paint tray at 500 to 600 sq.ft. per gallon
- Traction additive, such as Smith’s Resin Sand, should be incorporated where necessary to increase slip resistance
RECOMMENDED AS TOPCOAT FOR:
- Industrial, Commercial & Retail Environments
- Aircraft Hangar Floors
- Pharmaceutical Floors
- Interior Decorative Concrete
- Metallic & Luster floor coatings